Saturday, April 10, 2010

Busy Day

Go see Eric White's paintings at Jonathan Levine Gallery. Go. I'm not kidding. The best most beautiful paintings I have seen in forever. I haven't gotten out much lately but still. Please do yourself a favor and go see them.

People I met at MOCCA:

This girl, Helen, does really awesome mini comics detailing the perils of subway riding and careless lovers. She's also a singer, check her out.

Another guy I met likes to cast things in resin and text on his iPhone. He was very nice and traded me a resin army tank for my mini.

J.T. Yost is a talented pet portrait painter but also a great comic maker. I recommend checking out his Snoop Doggy Dogg comic.

Esther Pearl Watson
is the nicest person. And you already know she is insanely talented, go get all of her books from the library.

Rosa Colon and Carla Rodriguez
came all the way from Puerto Rico and gave us a ton of cute itty bitty books for a trade! The nicest girls at MOCCA.

Eroyn Franklin
is super nice and told me all about her Xeric grant experience. What a nice gal. And her books are so pretty--she hand prints the dust jackets and there are some really fancy cut away things going on. I can't describe it go see!

Dudes at thegoodproduct.com holding it down as usual. Great great stuff.

Joan Reilly is working on a cool feminist comic, I love her drawings!

This lady Jess Harold did an amazing comic about Aretha Franklin's Inauguration Day Hat. I can't find her website though. She had a jellyfish tattoo! Go see her at Sunnyside Tattoo!


Ulises
gave me an amazing/pretty book for trade.

There are other people I met but can't remember now, but thanks to everyone who stopped to chat, it was nice to see you.

1 comment:

The Holy Yost said...

Hey Jess! Nice to meet you at MoCCA. So far, every one of Victor's lady friends I've met have been amazingly talented and super friendly. Once I've decompressed from all that comic overload I can't wait to read your comic. Looks fantastic!