Saturday, January 7, 2012

Society of Illustrators Reception

Whew! What a fun night! It was nice catching Anelle Miller and Joan Chiverton and hearing some of the interesting things the Society is involved with.

I rudely interrupted one of G.B. Tran's pals to tell him how much I enjoy his work, only to realize I had met him the previous year through a mutual friend. New York is crazy! Check out G.B. Tran's book, Vietnamerica here.

Here's a photo of one of his award-winning pages. It's really beautiful.



Some silliness at the party.



I really like the folks there, they are good people. The show is on view through January 21st, and they have a new animation screening room downstairs, be sure to go see it if you have a moment. It's free and as I mentioned, they are incredibly nice folks.

No comments: